AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

great beach day with great nana

this morning, i told bebe that we were going on a trip to see her great nana, who was going to take us to the beach.


"the beach????"



"i'm ready, i'm ready, lemme at that sand!"



well, a few hours later, after finishing our breakfast, getting dressed, and driving down to connecticut, we were finally at the beach. at the beach club, no less, guests of one of great nana's friends.

we had some lunch together. after a while, bebe got down on the ground where it was more comfortable, and demolished a pear, while great nana looked on. (to see what this looks like in close-up, check out josh's recent post.)




that's the ocean behind her. it was foggy, but warm, and since we knew it was pushing upwards of ninety degrees in boston, we sure were glad to be at the beach, fog or not!



here's bebe being silly inside mrs. parella's cabana.



and here she is, doing what she does best.





little beach bum.



we got back just in time to pick up our csa share, and settled in to eat some fresh berries out on our porch.








a perfect summer day.

_

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Liza!! I came to your site after reading your comment on Dooce about natural childbirth. My first is due in November - I had the fortune of coming across that "Business of Giving Birth" documentary and I'm all about going natural now. :) Love reading about other women who've done it! I don't have a huge audience, either, so I'm really glad Dooce is talking about it, to!!