AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

oh i wish..

the author of one of my favorite blogs recently posted some verses she made up to sing to her daughter, to the tune of "oh i wish i were a little bar of soap" (same tune as "if you're happy and you know it"). example: "Oh I wish I were a little ‘lectric eel / Yes I wish I were a little ‘lectric eel / I’d go sparky sparky sparky, way down in the ocean dark-y /Oh I wish I were a little ‘lectric eel"

she then invited readers to make up their own verses and leave them in the comments. bebe and i have been singing ours ever since! here's what we came up with:

(these first three are for our chinese zodiac signs: 2008 = year of the rat; 1976 = year of the dragon; 1974 = year of the tiger.)

Oh I wish I were a little baby rat
Yes I wish I were a little baby rat
I’d go squeak-y squeak-y squeak-y and the ladies would scream eeek!-y
Oh I wish I were a little baby rat

Oh I wish I were a shiny scaly dragon
Yes I wish I were a shiny scaly dragon
If you filled me full of ire I’d singe you with my fire
Oh I wish I were a shiny scaly dragon

Oh I wish I were a little strip-ed tiger
Yes I wish I were a little strip-ed tiger
I’d go growl-y growl-y growl-y while I was on the prowl-y
Oh I wish I were a little strip-ed tiger

Oh I wish I were a tiny little crab
Yes I wish I were a tiny little crab
I’d go pinch-y pinch-y pinch-y up and down your every inch-y
Oh I wish I were a tiny little crab

Oh I wish I were a little baby starfish
Yes I wish I were a little baby starfish
If I came to any harm I’d just grow another arm
Oh I wish I were a little baby starfish

Oh I wish I were a little snapping turtle
Yes I wish I were a little snapping turtle
I’d go bite-y bite-y bite-y and I’d give you quite a fright-y
Oh I wish I were a little snapping turtle

Oh I wish I were a little chimpanzee
Yes I wish I were a little chimpanzee
You and I would love to play and we’d share lots of DNA
Oh I wish I were a little chimpanzee

Oh I wish I were a Beatrix Marie
Yes I wish I were a Beatrix Marie
I'd be smiley smiley smiley every day and all the while-y
Oh I wish I were a Beatrix Marie




it's seriously addictive. you should try it too!

_

No comments: