AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

things i said i'd never do, part 317

hey, bebe?

"yeah?"


what did i say i'd never, ever feed you?

"...ummmmm..."


c'mon, i must have said it a thousand times.

"oh, i know! i know! you said you would never ever feed me chicken nuggets."


and what are you eating for dinner?

"chicken nuggets! man, these things are tasty!!!"


sigh. there was a time when i was positive i'd never give my child any of the breaded-chicken kid foods. i continue to be horrified by the "nefarious chicken-finger pandemic" plaguing children's menus, not to mention the very concept of a children's menu. but it's really difficult to get much protein into miss bebe marie. she doesn't like any of the meat i've ever offered her, including chicken in various other forms, steak, hamburgers, pork chops, you name it. her appetite for beans is unpredictable. she'd eat tofu at every meal if i let her, but i try to be careful about her soy consumption. and unfortunately, her various allergies prohibit most of the easy, kid-friendly protein sources her peers enjoy, like scrambled eggs, peanut butter, yogurt and cheese. so, if she eats a chicken nugget every once in a while, i'm going to try not to beat myself up too much about it.

_

2 comments:

jg said...

you are a bad mom.

Michelle said...

I have given up counting the number of things I do that I said I'd never do. The reality of motherhood differs so much from the hip mom ideal I held onto.